Here’s a bit of fun creativity with glass that anyone can get stuck into from the comfort of their own home with no time restrictions! You can take as long as you’d like to complete and return your project back for firing!
The Fused Glass Wave Kit has everything you need to produce a beautiful hanging circular sea scape in glass to decorate your home all year round and this would make a great gift for anyone that is interested in being creative with glass! Approximate size of the finished disc is 10.8cmx10.8cm from edge to edge. The kit comes in a foam lined box so it’s quick and easy to get started and pack up once completed and ready to send back for firing (no messing around with little bits of bubble wrap!)
Once fused your piece is fired it will have a ribbon attached to it before being gift wrapped and packaged up in a larger sturdy box to send to your chosen return address!
This kit contains:
- One cut and ground piece of circular glass (Pre-drilled hole for hanging!)
- Glass pieces in four different colours of blues and greens to decorate your glass disc (Turquoise, Blue, Green, Dark Blue)
- Crushed glass (frit) to add more detail and a sea spray effect to your piece (White, Green, Turquoise and Blue)
- Tweezers to pick up small pieces
- Glue to stick your decorations down to the base plates
- A paint brush to apply the glue
- A wooden scoop to apply your frit with
- Comprehensive instructions and a colour photo for inspiration
- A printed template of the glass disc to design, draw and make your wave on
- Return address label and First Class Large letter stamp
We aim to post kits out within 1-3 working days after purchase.
Your piece will be fired and returned within 10 days of us receiving it back.
This kit is suitable for older children (12+) with full supervision.
Keep out of reach of babies and young children!
Whilst every care has been taken to grind the sharp edges of the glass disc, we can’t grind all the small pieces so please be cautious when working with all of the glass components of this kit. Please use the tweezers and wooden scoop provided to move the small pieces of glass and frit around. We strongly advise wearing protective eyewear whilst making this kit. Be mindful of any glass on the floor or surfaces after you’ve finished your project. North Norfolk Stained Glass cannot be held responsible for any injuries incurred whilst working with this kit.
All postage costs are covered in the price.
All materials, tools, instructions and postage stamps.
A tray, plain paper, a pencil, a clear work space and your imagination :)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.