Welcome to the CraftCourses.com website terms and conditions.
The website’s aim is to assist the UK craft industry in one of its most noble and useful endeavours - the passing on of creative and technical skills and the practice of craftsmanship.
This website enables people to find details and information about creative, craft and artisan courses and workshops, to make direct contact with course tutors, centres and colleges (‘Course Providers’) and to post reviews of the courses they have undertaken.
The CraftCourses.com site offers gift vouchers, available for purchase in any amount and emailed and issued instantly upon purchase. These vouchers are redeemable against all listed courses and therefore all course providers accept gift vouchers as a condition for using the site. Booking must take place within 12 months, though the actual course may take place later than this, and this is arranged directly between the course participant/voucher holder and the chosen Course Provider. We pay our Course Providers immediately upon confirmation that the course has taken place - we take a small commission on gift vouchers: 12% of the total plus VAT. For more information on the CraftCourses Gift Voucher scheme please click here.
Course Providers are responsible for meeting the safety regulations and providing the appropriate insurance cover for their specific course/s; CraftCourses Ltd takes no responsibility for individual course providers who advertise on the site and do not provide any insurance cover or official safety advice or inspection – we advise all advertisers to take professional advice.
CraftCourses.com allows every UK based crafts tutor, centre, organisation or college to add one free course page on the site, with further course pages ("listings") available for £24 per year or £2.40 per month each.
The following rules apply to all information uploaded onto CraftCourses.com:
• Information supplied must be true, accurate, current and complete.
• Only photographs/images which belong to the course provider (or which they have authority to use) are permitted.
• Each course page must hold the details of one type of creative course, with a specific price and length, though there may be multiple dates listed (for courses that repeat throughout the year). This is so that prospective students can clearly see and compare courses and access all of the information they need to go ahead and book the course e.g. ‘Beginners Stained Glass Day for £100’ or ‘Rocking Horse carving weekend for £300’.
• To avoid confusion, course pages may not be used to advertise any other gift voucher scheme except the CraftCourses one.
• Please detail as much information about what is taught/offered as possible. Fill in all sections thoroughly, and bear in mind that by making what you offer clear, the more likely it is to find a good match between tutor and student.
• Please be aware that by submitting content to this Website you grant CraftCourses.com a nonexclusive, royalty-free, permanent, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute, or publish the content in any media. You acknowledge that CraftCourses.com may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion and has full rights to use this content in our marketing as appropriate.
• All course providers registered with CraftCourses can log in any time to edit their content online, upgrade, cancel or amend their subscription and log or claim payment on gift voucher bookings.
• CraftCourses reserves the right to close or suspend accounts if our guidelines are infringed or complaints received. Further information can be found within our Frequently Asked Questions. https://www.craftcourses.com/faqs
Student reviews help Course Providers gain recognition, feedback and testimony, which is invaluable in attracting new students.
Student reviews posted on this Site are the sole property of CraftCourses.com and are not to be replicated elsewhere. Whilst we monitor carefully the content posted, CraftCourses does not edit or control in advance, the student reviews posted to this Site. CraftCourses does nevertheless reserve the right for any reason in its sole discretion to remove without notice any Site Content. In very rare cases, students leave negative reviews expressing disappointment. Offensive and inappropriate comments will be removed by admin, as will comments from those who have not actually been on the course in question. However, please note that admin staff will not remove other negative reviews at the demand of course providers without a specific written request from the reviewer.
In posting a review on CraftCourses.com you expressly agree not to post anything that is false, unlawful, misleading, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
We offer an API service to select partner organisations, which enables them to publish select information about the courses we promote. This is agreed on a case by case basis, so please Contact Us or request an API key here.
CraftCourses.com operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you have any complaints or objections to material or content including student reviews posted on this Site, or if you believe that material or content posted on this Site infringes a copyright that you hold, please contact us immediately and we will make all reasonable endeavours to remove illegal content within a reasonable time.
CraftCourses is committed to promoting creative learning and inclusive practices for all individuals.
We believe that every individual using the CraftCourses platform as a student or a course provider should be treated with dignity and respect. We ask that all course providers using the platform provide a learning environment that is free from judgement or bias, regardless of race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Where disability or physical challenges may be a barrier to participation, we ask that course providers make all reasonable adaptations possible to allow maximum safe inclusion for all, and if this is not possible, to make it clear in advance.