This is a 100% online course delivered via informal lectures and engaging, creative projects.
This course is ideal if you are looking to build a portfolio of design work or considering interior design as a future career, or simply interested in re-designing your own home.
It'll give you an insight into the world of interior design and inspire you with the confidence to present your own interior design schemes.
On this course, you will:
- learn how to develop your creativity with special attention given to light, form, pattern, texture and how these key elements define a space
- investigate colour in terms of schemes, palettes and personal colour for wellbeing
- explore decorative schemes with the use of wallpaper, upholstery, window treatments and accessories
- gain experience of undertaking an interior design scheme and an understanding of its application in the domestic, residential and commercial sectors
- learn about interiors on a budget and making use of what we have
- gain an understanding of scale through the application of colour and the use of furniture and furnishings
- be introduced to the methods and technique used to complete a project, whether this is for your own home or for a client.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course, you'll have created a finished interior design project and developed a good understanding of the profession, enabling you to pursue your chosen career or pathway.
Entry requirement: No design or drawing experience is required.
Tutor profile: After graduating from the Royal College of Art, Lucy Renshaw set up a design studio in her renovated 17th century home in the beautiful Derbyshire dales, where her focus is on colour.
She works on bespoke interior design projects, upholstery and soft furnishing commissions, as well as running interior design courses.
She's completed private commissions for Liberty London, Kew Gardens, Mint London, Colin Firth’s Eco-Age and Serendipity Paris, along with selling her work to private clients and boutique interior shops around the world.
Exhibitions include Masion et Objet Paris, ICFF New York and Grand Designs Live UK.
Lucy has also published a book, 'Mixed Media and Found Materials', commissioned by A&C Black.
Lucy has a holistic approach to design and teaching, aiming for students to find the best in themselves, building confidence in their ideas, making use of what they have and feeling good about the decisions they make along the way.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
25 hours of quality tuition with an experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
The course will include:
• online sessions with your tutor and fellow students for lectures, project work and one-to-one tutorials (3 hours per day)
• independent project work (2 hours per day)
• and a break for lunch (1 hour) and quick breaks for refreshments.
Indicative class size: 15
What you will need
Access to Zoom on your computer.
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University