Make a professional quality lampshade. This workshop is ideal for beginners and is a no-sew workshop!
£35 - £40 per person. Choose either a Drum, Empire, Coolie or Square Lampshade.
£35 per person. Sizes included:
20cm drum lampshade
20cm square lampshade
30cm drum lampshade
£40 per person. Sizes included:
45cm drum lampshade
30cm coolie lampshade
35cm empire lampshade
We have samples made up of each size and shape, if you are uncertain of which size to make you can choose at the workshop.
Please bring your own refreshments, hand sanitiser and a face covering.
Bring a piece of your chosen fabric, the size depends on any pattern repeat and the size of the lampshade you are making. Please press but do not cut to final size.
The final fabric size required will be:
- For a 20cm Drum Lampshade, fabric must be at least 645mm wide x 220 mm.
- For a 20cm Square Lampshade, fabric must be at least 850mm wide x 230 mm.
- For a 30cm Drum Lampshade, fabric must be at least 970mm wide x 255mm.
- For a 45cm Drum Lampshade, fabric must be at least 1454mm wide x 298mm.
- For a 30cm Coolie Lampshade, fabric must be at least 775mm wide x 358mm.
- For a 35cm Empire Lampshade, fabric must be at least 1140mm wide x 420mm.
Any fabric is suitable provided it is a light to medium weight, avoid heavy textures, velvet and heavy embellishment.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Tools & materials are included unless otherwise stated. Full details will be given on booking.
Please bring refreshments, personal hand sanitiser and a face covering.
Please bring 1 metre of light to medium weight fabric making sure any pattern will work when rolled into the lampshade (and on a curve for Coolie).
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.