Take your calligraphy to the next level and learn how to add that all important bounce look to your lettering at this online modern calligraphy class hosted via Zoom.
You'll learn to make your letters bounce beautifully and give your calligraphy that modern look.
We’ll use a pointed dip pen and ink to practice different methods for achieving bounce with your lettering and find the one that suits you. You’ll also learn how to fit your words effortlessly together as you letter your own quotes or artwork to proudly display at home.
This calligraphy class is ideal if you’ve already taken a beginner class and want to take your lettering a step further. It’s assumed that you’re happy writing the alphabet and joined words - although it doesn’t have to be perfect!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• How to add bounce to words at varying degrees
• Some tricks to make your bounced words look balanced
• Methods to make your words ‘fit’ effortlessly together
• Where to use bounce lettering
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
• Workbook PDF emailed to you (you’ll need to print this out before the session. I recommend Premium copier paper so your ink doesn’t bleed)
• Plenty of one-to-one tuition and feedback in a small group
• Lots of video demonstrations and handy tips
• Experienced teacher
• Private link to re-watch the video on YouTube
• A laptop, monitor or ipad to watch and join in with the class (a phone screen will probably be too small)
• Good internet connection
• Printed workbook + spare paper (a digital copy will be emailed to you 3 days before for you to print at home)
• Ink*, pen holder*, pointed nib*, water jar, kitchen towel (*Available in my online shop. At least 4 working days will be required for your items to arrive. UK only)
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
2½ hours (1:00pm to 3:30pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesPlease contact the tutor for more information