Traditional calligraphy is based on letters from historical manuscripts. However, it is used today in a contemporary way for quotations, cards, small books and other projects. Experience the satisfaction of making beautiful letters with a broad edged pen in your own home and at your own pace.
* Exercises that will give you confidence and flow in using the nib and an understanding of the structure of the hand (a stage that is often overlooked when learning foundational hand)
* Forever access to videos and course
* Detailed videos of every stroke and commentary that will enable you get those letters looking right!
* Videos of every letter are grouped according to characteristics to enable you understand and learn faster. You can watch again and again to use to fine tune your letterforms
* Exemplar downloadable pdfs
* Calligraphy guidelines pdf
* Extra demonstrations on assembling the pen and letter and word spacing.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.