Have fun at this Christmas themed mosaic workshop where you will learn to use wheeled nippers to cut down fine china plates and saucers to create a selection of Christmas decorations.
Diane, from China Petals, will help and guide you every step of the way over this enjoyable and surprising relaxing 3 hour workshop (10 - 1).
Due to having to wait for the glue to dry, it will not be possible to grout during this session. However, a demonstration of how to grout your piece will be given. All materials are provided, including powdered grout and written grouting instructions to take away.
This is a great china mosaic workshop is suitable for beginners over 12 and those who have tried mosaic before.
Please be aware that the China Petals studio is on the 2nd floor of the inspirational Banks Mill in Derby and is accessed via stairs which are wide with handrails. All appropriate covid precautions will be in place to keep participants safe and workshop numbers will be kept to a maximum of 4 (unless government advice changes).
Terms & Conditions on booking:
- I regret that I cannot offer refunds on bookings but can transfer bookings to another workshop where available. Alternatively you can transfer your workshop place to a friend.
- China Petals cannot be held responsible for any circumstances outside of their control such as weather, traffic, pandemics or other external party issues. An alternative date will be offered if this is the case.
- You maybe asked to provide/wear your own PPE to keep yourself and other participants safe during the workshop.
- Should China Petals unfortunately have to postpone a workshop they will contact you as soon as possible to offer an alternative date or workshop. Please make sure leave your full contact details when booking.
- This workshop is intended for beginners and for those who want to use the techniques acquired as a hobby. If you want to sell your work please speak to me so I can offer you a workshop more suited to your requirements.
- Please respect the artist. The creative style, content, including written materials, of this workshop is for the exclusive use of China Petals and should not be reproduced, sold or copied without prior permission.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials needed to create a selection of hanging Christmas decorations (small and light enough to hang on a tree) including full grouting instructions and powdered grout to take away.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available.
You maybe asked to provide your own PPE to keep you and the other participants safe during the workshop.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
3 hours (10:00am to 1:00pm)
Please select available date: