About the Course
Suitable for beginners, during this 4 hour class Susan will teach you the secrets of creating mixed media pieces of work using a variety of techniques. Including the following methods:
- Sketch a design
- Learn how to transfer from paper to fabric
- Use acrylic paint and Inktense pencils to add colour and blend
- Printing onto fabric including masking and preparation
- Using ink pads & other paints to create finer impressions.
- Use texture paste with stencils for layering on 3 dimensional surfaces
- Add glossy accents for a shimmer effect
- Manipulate fabrics to create a 3D sculpture.
- Free motion stitching.
You will be guided through several step by step projects and each one demonstrates a different skill and technique.
The lessons in this monthly workshop will give the beginner all of the tools they need to start creating their own unique pieces of mixed media art. The class is from 10am - 2pm students are welcome to stay in the studio until 4pm, so you’ll never have to go home with unfinished work.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will have access to our studio which includes drinks facilities and a fridge, so feel free to bring lunch and snacks so you can take advantage of the extra time.
A requirement list will be emailed before each class. Some art materials will be provided by the tutor for a small fee.
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.