Learn to draw stunning, intricate mandalas using a few simple techniques. If you don't see a date that suits you, please just let me know.
This ancient art form spread across Asia some two thousand years ago and is now recognised around the globe as a fabulous aid to meditation and relaxation.
You'll discover a wide range of design elements inspired by traditional Asian mandalas. By the end of the class, you'll have all the knowledge you need to continue drawing mandalas, making each one unique. And you'll have access to downloadable pdfs that form a library of symbols and design elements for ongoing inspiration.
What you'll learn:
- How to draw a mandala template.
- How to draw an Asian inspired mandala (it's a lot easier than it looks once you know a few simple techniques).
- Tips and tricks to make beautiful intricate designs (that are much easier to create than you'd imagine).
- A brief history of mandalas and how to use them as an aid to relaxation.
By the end of the class
- You'll be able to draw stunning, intricate mandalas.
- You'll have access to downloadable pdfs that form a library of symbols and design elements.
- After the class, you may wish to colour your mandala using metallic pens, coloured pencils or paints.
- Join my private Facebook group for ongoing inspiration and tips.
Please check that your camera is working on Zoom before the class. Any problems just send me a message.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Access to ongoing tips and worksheets via newsletter and Facebook group.
Paper at least 21 x 21 cm (a couple of sheets of thick paper. A4 is a suitable size)
Smudge-proof pen (optional)
Colouring pencils or paints
This course is taught onlineSee more from this course organiser
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
Kathryn was wonderful. I felt at ease and wasn't rushed to complete my mandala drawing. Kathryn explained the history and methods behind the drawings. At the end of the lesson I was so pleased with what I had achieved and the knowledge learnt. Advice on design, development, different textures were all helpful. I would definitely recommend this course.
Response from Mandala Meadow:Thank you so much, Maria. It was a lovely evening. So pleased you enjoyed it too! best wishes, Kathryn