About the Course
Introduction to Ceramics
Hand Building - 6 week course of 2hr sessions
Introduction to ceramics design, construction & decoration process.
• Week 1 - Introduction to course. Workshop facilities, health and safety. Types of clay and clay preparation.
Hand built forms, pinch pots.
• Week 2 - Coiling - hand built forms
• Week 3 - Coiling – larger forms
• Week 4 - Tile making – impressed designs
• Week 5 - Slab building – making a slab form
• Week 6 - Decoration techniques - glazing
By the end of the course, participants will have made a series of experimental pieces and also have the chance to choose one or more methods to explore further.
We offer an online paypal payment service - just get in touch to book your place and we will send you the link.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Inclusive of all tuition, use of tools and equipment. Each session is 2 hours.
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.