About felted soap
An eco friendly alternative to plastic bottles of soap! Your pretty bar of soap will brighten up your bathroom, will last longer, not get soggy, be easier to handle and the wool felt scrubby you are left with when the soap is finished is 100% biodegradable!
• Covered in 100% pure merino wool, felted soap gently exfoliates and washes all in one.
• It’s a really gentle way of cleansing & exfoliating your skin. The fibres are much gentler on your skin than a lot of loofahs and scrub products.
• The soap will last longer and every last bit of the soap is used. It doesn’t slip around in the bath or shower, making you less likely to drop it, so it’s ideal for small children or those with poor dexterity.
• There is no need for a wash cloth – simply wet the felted soap with water and rub between your hands to lather or directly on your skin. Allow it to dry out between uses.
• As you use it, the wool will continue to shrink around the bar of soap until you are left with a pretty little wool felt scrubby, perfect to use for cleansing your skin or even cleaning your kitchen! The scrubby is also 100% biodegrable which means you can safely compost it once you have finished with it!
In this workshop you will learn how to apply pure merino wool fibres to soap, before being taken through the wet felting process. By the end you will have 2 pretty felted soaps to take away with you. We will have a short break in the middle for tea/coffee and home made cake.
This workshop is suitable for beginners or those who already have some experience of felting. It is also suitable for accompanied children age 8+.
For current dates, please click 'see available dates' button above.
Small groups ensure plenty of individual attention (max 8 people per class).
Why not book with a friend or get a group of your friends together?
Here's what some previous participants have said about my previous felt courses:
'If you want a relaxing, rewarding, fulfilling few hours, you can't do better that join Karen on one of her felting courses. I have learnt so much even though I knew nothing about felting beforehand. Karen guides you along without intrusion, towards your final piece of work, which you can hold up and say with pride, "I made that". Oh, and she makes seriously good cakes to have in the break!' Christine, May 2019
'I have just participated in my third workshop - I just love felting, particularly with Karen. It's such a calm, friendly experience every time. Karen explains the process so well and knows just how to help if you need it. I would highly recommend these workshops... I know I'm gushing but I would also say don't stop at one workshop, with felting being such a dynamic process, there's always more to get out of attending.' Niki, April 2019
On the day, please bring with you an old medium sized towel and a plastic bag to take your damp towel home in.
If you get a group of friends together I can organise a workshop to suit you! Ideal for birthdays, Hen Nights and other celebrations! Click the 'Ask a Question' button on the top right with your requirements.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All merino wool, 2 soaps plus tea/coffee and home-made cake.
2¼ hours (10:30am to 12:45pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
2¼ hours (10:30am to 12:45pm)