Work in a small group with qualified textile artist and adult teacher, Helen Moyes.
The workshop can include:
- Painted backgrounds and textile collage
- Transfering images to fabric
- How to set up the sewing machine for freehand embroidery
- Practice at using embroidery hoops to “draw” with the sewing machine.
- Learning how to applique
- Stitching over applique
- Writing in stitches
- Using water soluble fabric to create stitched items
- Quilting designs
- Making designs 3D
- Time to be creative with the techniques learned
- Making a finished product of your own design to take home
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Free on street car parking nearby & disabled access. Please advise prior to workshop.
A wide range of hot and cold drinks and home made cake. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
This workshop is best taught with your own sewing machine, but sewing machines are available to borrow.
All materials and equipment will be provided. If you have any particular embroidery materials you wish to use then please feel free to bring them along with you as well.
What's not included:
- Lunch: please bring your own packed lunch.
- Basic setting up and getting to know your sewing machine
Please contact me via the 'chat with the maker' button for individual or small group sessions.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
5½ hours (10:30am to 4:30pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information