Workshop (Half day) - £75.00 (minimum of 1 to a maximum of 2 people)
I am now able to use my workshop at home
Enameling is the art of fusing glass to metal at high temperatures, using a kiln. We'll be exploring enameling step by step, learning to fuse finely powdered enamel onto the surface of copper to create a beautiful glossy glassy surface. These ancient techniques were first used by the Chinese, Greeks, Celts and Egyptians to decorate metal and add colour to metal jewelry and other precious objects.
During the session, we will experiment with a range of simple decorative techniques to create your own one-off pieces, to make your own unique jewelry or small pieces. Lynette will demonstrate and guide you through the processes involved.
You will learn the basics of enameling, including:
• Cover health and safety and the kiln firing processes
• Prepare copper for enameling
• Applying a counter enamel
• Explore the use of opaque and transparent enamels
• Use decorative inclusions (e.g. Frit, glass threads, millefiori, and copper wire)
• Explore colour, and surface designs with stencils, or rubber stamps.
You will design at least one piece to finish and mount on jewelry findings by the end of the day. More copper will be available for purchase on the day.
Get in touch for more information.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
• Use of all tools, equipment and a wide range of materials
• One copper blank -which you can make either into a pendant, keyring and more. Or use it to produce a small picture. You will have a choice of different copper shapes. More copper is available to purchase if you want to do more than one piece.
• A supply of silver-plated jewellery findings will be available on which to mount your sample pieces
• Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided, enamelling if thirsty work!
• Information will be provided on suppliers of enamelling equipment and jewellery findings should you decide that you want to pursue your new hobby
We limit each workshop to a maximum of 8 people to ensure individual attention and faster learning.
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
I attended this course at the Artshack, Shrewsbury. Excellent instruction and guidance from the course leaders. Great fun and totally absorbing! Will be reattending!
Response from LCEnamels:Hi Wendy. Thank you for you kind feedback. Both Ann and I also enjoy sharing our love of Enamelling with you at the workshops. We are sorting lots of new dates and different courses so keep an eye out for details of the new courses coming soon.
Response from LCEnamels:Thank you for your positive feedback