Learn how to weave these sweet little heart baskets from scraps of paper.
This is a low/ no cost, fun and sustainable little project which will keep you and the kids busy for hours.
Our Danish grandmother taught us how to make these as children and i've spent many happy hours making them over the years.
We used to hang them on the Christmas tree filled with spiced biscuits but I thought they'd be really lovely for Easter as well.
I made some heart shaped ginger biscuits to go in these ones and have shared my recipe with you below:
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp ground ginger
- Zest of one lemon
- 3-4 tbsp maple or date syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°c (fan).
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients and mix into a dough.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a thin or thick layer, either works, and cut out some shapes.
-Place shapes on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- If you're icing them, leave them to cool down completely beforehand.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Click on the link to 'View course organizer's website to watch the video to make woven heart baskets.