About the Course
A very special workshop exploring the glass on glass process to produce your own unique translucent glass mosaic that will reflect and project light in beautiful and delightful ways.
We will provide you with all the materials you need, including a fine selection of coloured glass pieces and a circular clear glass substrate that has been framed in lead for you, ready to hang at home later.
You will learn how to cut, shape and grind glass safely, making a test piece before starting on the main piece of work. No pressure to finish on the day, as a goody bag will be provided for you to complete your piece at home if required. We all work at different speeds!
• Suitable for any level of experience, including absolute beginners.
• All tools provided
• Design templates available
• Circular glass base, framed in lead & ready to hang provided
• Coffee, tea & herbal teas available throughout the day
• Goody bag to take home (material to complete your mandala, if unfinished)
• A delightful selection of coloured and textured glass available for you to select from – included in the ticket price
Please contact me with any queries using the form above.
The studio is 5 minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Station. Cakebread Workshop, Unit 3, 48 Cakebread Street, Ardwick, Manchester M12 6HF.
With adequate notice, I can reserve a secure car park space for you for the whole day @ £3.50.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• All materials are included and tools are provided for your use.
• Tea and coffee is provided throughout the day.
• You will receive workshop notes and supplier info to take home
• Full details of how to find the studio, what to expect on the day etc. provided in advance
Extremely enjoyable day at Cakebread Studios with Tracey and Caroline making a glass on glass mandala.
The ladies are both excellent tutors.Very clear and concise instructions and tips and on-going support throughout the day. All necessary tools and equipment were provided along with an extensive range of glass to choose from to make the mandala.
I would definitely recommend this as a fun and creative day. You will learn a lot and have a beautiful piece to take home with you.
Jan johnson - - #24922
Response from Tracey Cartledge Artist:Hi Jan
I'm not a complete beginner in this field, I have attended a glass applique workshop before and really enjoyed it. Lots of help and support, plenty of materials to work with and a lively friendly atmosphere. I don't know where the time went and had not finished but was sent home with appropriate materials and tools to finish the job!
Margaret Squires - - #22910
Response from Tracey Cartledge Artist:Hi Margaret,
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.