This evening course is a brief introduction to a mosaic where you will learn how to use mosaic tools and material to create your art piece
**Evening courses will run over 4 weeks with 1 session a week that lasts 2 hours**
The course offers an introduction to mosaic making where you will create a unique piece of art. These courses are tailored to suit both beginners, hobbyists and those looking to improve their skills
You will create a 15x15 cm piece using the Indirect Method Technique where the mosaic is created backwards like a mirror image.
Workshop contents :
- Introduction to the workshop and technique;
- Selection of design and materials;
- How to transfer/draw an image to prepare the creation of your mosaic;
- How to cut and shape tiles using mosaic nippers;
- Indirect technique: glueing your tiles on brown paper;
- How to create a mosaic using Andamento (layout) technique
- Complete and grout your mosaic.
All designs are already provided by the tutor. If you wish to bring your own design it will need to be agreed upon with the tutor in advance.
** The course will run with a minimum of 2 people**
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
The workshop includes mosaic materials & tools, a wooden frame, aprons, snacks and refreshments. Please bring your lunch with you.
4 evenings (6:00pm to 8:00pm)