Etching with Liam biswell
Contact course provider
About the Course
We want to see your etchings!
With this weekend course you will explore one etching technique per day – drypoint and photographic.
Ultimately you will come away with unique, high quality prints that you can be proud of!
Taught and guided by professional artist and tutor Liam Biswell.
During this inspiring weekend course, you will learn:
- How to select suitable images and reference materials.
- How to drypoint etch your design onto a plate.
- How to transfer your chosen photograph images onto photopolymer plates
- How to use the etching press transfer your inked designs onto paper.
- To explore various collage, colour and texture techniques to produce experimental, unique artworks.
- How to edition and mount your work so that it looks great on the wall.
In this professional artists’ studio
- You’ll get step by step guidance from Liam throughout the sessions
- With visual presentation and demonstrations
- A relaxed, informal learning atmosphere and a community of fellow artists and crafters to share the learning experience with
- Frequent refreshments – tea, coffee & biscuits included
- Beautiful countryside setting
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Two full days teaching (10am-4pm-ish)
Tea, coffee, biscuits/cakes
Use of a beautiful, purpose built art studio with all the equipment & materials you will need
Beautiful countryside setting
Review this course
Course Start DatesSaturday 5th May 2018
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Teen friendly
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.