Etching with Liam biswell
Contact course provider
About the Course
We want to see your etchings!
With this weekend course you will explore one etching technique per day – drypoint and photographic.
Ultimately you will come away with unique, high quality prints that you can be proud of!
Taught and guided by professional artist and tutor Liam Biswell.
During this inspiring weekend course, you will learn:
- How to select suitable images and reference materials.
- How to drypoint etch your design onto a plate.
- How to transfer your chosen photograph images onto photopolymer plates
- How to use the etching press transfer your inked designs onto paper.
- To explore various collage, colour and texture techniques to produce experimental, unique artworks.
- How to edition and mount your work so that it looks great on the wall.
In this professional artists’ studio
- You’ll get step by step guidance from Liam throughout the sessions
- With visual presentation and demonstrations
- A relaxed, informal learning atmosphere and a community of fellow artists and crafters to share the learning experience with
- Frequent refreshments – tea, coffee & biscuits included
- Beautiful countryside setting
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Two full days teaching (10am-4pm-ish)
Tea, coffee, biscuits/cakes
Use of a beautiful, purpose built art studio with all the equipment & materials you will need
Beautiful countryside setting
Had a brilliant time on the course, Liam is a great teacher and explained everything really well. We all had a go at drypoint and photopolymer etching. The Phoenix studio is well equipped and a really lovely relaxed environment. It was great fun and I came away with 20 or so decent prints which I really enjoyed producing. Shame it was only 2 days really as I didn't want to go home....I think everyone else really enjoyed it too. Can't wait to come back again!
Emma Wheeler - - #14888
Great course....the 2 days allowed enough time with Liam to master (!?) the different processes, one to one help when needed but left plenty of studio time to experiment and produce a folder of work that I was proud to take home (mostly!!) Would highly recommend, Liam's passion and knowledge about the subject is infectious and to be able to sit and soak up the ambience of the Phoenix Studios' idyllic surroundings is the cherry on top! x
RACHAEL TAYLOR - - #14841
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Teen friendly
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.