The course is open to all abilities and extra material, tasks and resources will be available so that you will have the opportunity to dive as deep as you want. Teaching and support will be tailored to each individual's capabilities to create a stunning black and white ink Illustration!
Taking inspiration from Chinese ink illustration and minimalist black and white photography you will start by sourcing photographs and reinterpreting them as an ink illustration.
Starting with mechanical pencils and a sketchbook you can draw from your own imagination or from reference. Guidelines will be given and even if you have never drawn before, I assure you, it will be easy and very relaxing.
By mastering the brush and ink you will learn to create gradients, depth and three-dimensionality to apply to your final A3 artwork on paper. In this course you will mostly be working with black Indian ink and by keeping your work monochromatic you will focus on depth, light and shadow.
At the end of the course there will be the opportunity to display your best artworks in a collective art exhibition at Reveley Lodge.
- All material included
- All levels welcome
- Safe and friendly atmosphere
- Maximum of 5 students per class
- One to one tutorial
- Optional final collective art exhibition
Sara C Dryburgh, an eclectic Italian born artist currently based in Bushey.
Reveley Lodge, 88 Elstree Road, Bushey, WD23 4GL
Six evening classes starting on Monday 19th October. From 7:00pm to 9:30pm.
Over 18 yr olds. All abilities welcome - just a playful desire to be creative!
What you should bring:
- Recycled glass jars (2 or 3) to be used as water pots
- Some rags to clean your brushes etc…
- Scrap paper
- An apron or working clothes - (Indian ink stains fabric)
- Smartphone or tablet to research images
Covid-19 safety measures:
- Sanitised desk area
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Face coverings ( mask or visor ) to be worn at all times
- Social distancing regulations will be observed (maximum of 6 people, including tutor)
- Any other measures required to comply with the latest Government regulations.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials are included.
Tea and coffee are included.
Parking available on the premises.