Watercolour Painting Now - Nottingham Trent University
Contact course provider
About the Course
This course is ideal for those people new to watercolour or those with some experience.
Whilst ostensibly a practical course the subject is underpinned by theory and art historical references.
The course introduction will include a brief overview of the tradition of watercolour.
However, the focus will soon shift to contemporary uses of watercolour and artists using this medium will be explored and researched.
On this course you will:
- cover the basic tenets and processes of watercolour; wet-into-wet, wet-into-dry and washes
- undertake colour mixing exercises and apply paint through traditional methods using brushes, before moving on to more inventive mark-making with splattering and stippling
- be encouraged to assemble images and identify your own potential subject matter
- be asked to look closely and respond to your own environment and cultural experience when undertaking a project.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you will have created a portfolio of new, innovative work.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above). If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week or ten Saturday mornings of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 14
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 19th August 2019
Browse all UK Watercolour Painting courses
- Accessible by public transport
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.