This course is open to all abilities. Teaching and support will be tailored to each individual's capabilities to create a mixed media portrait on A3 paper. Extra material, tasks and resources will be available and you will have the opportunity to dive as deep as you want.
In this course you will learn how to combine several traditional techniques around an imaginative representation of a portrait and other related elements which, along with your subject, will create a unique artwork. Pencil drawing, watercolour, marker and collage are some of the techniques that you will explore and practise in this project and a mood-board will help you to collate your ideas for the final composition.
(Do not worry, this is not a drawing competition and drawing skills are not essential. I will guide you through the way to achieve great results!)
At the end of the course there will be the opportunity to display your best artworks in a collective art exhibition at Reveley Lodge.
- All material included
- All abilities welcome
- Safe and friendly atmosphere
- Maximum of 5 students per class
- One to one tutorial
- Optional final collective art exhibition
Eclectic artist currently based in the North of London. I studied art and worked as Interior Designer in Italy, where I’m from. After a summer course at Edinburgh College of Art, I continued to develop my artistic skills as a part-time student at Leith School of Art. I love architecture, large painting, illustration and portraits. Mixed media, bold colours, shapes and lines are defining my works.
Reveley Lodge, 88 Elstree Road, Bushey, WD23 4GL
Six evening classes starting on Tuesday 20th October. From 7.00pm to 9.30pm.
Over 18 yr olds. All abilities welcome - just a playful desire to be creative!
What you should bring:
- An apron or working clothes, it can be messy!
- Recycled glass jars (2 or 3) to be used as water pots
- Some rags to clean your brushes
- Photo (portrait, self-portrait, family, historic figures, friend, or celebrity…the choice is yours!)
- Smartphone or tablet to research images
Covid-19 safety measures:
- Sanitised desk area
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Face coverings ( mask or visor ) to be worn at all times
- Social distancing regulations will be observed (max 6 people, including tutor)
- Any other measures required to comply with the latest Government regulations.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials are included.
Tea and coffee are included.
Parking available on the premises.