About the Course
At the Rural Skills Centre, we love making our own soaps; being imaginative and creating our own favourite scents and colourways. The 'melt and pour' approach to soap making doesn't involve lye which enables you to focus on the creativity of colour and colouring techniques. So, come and learn how to make your own bars of beautifully marbled soaps. They are colourful and creative gifts … or better still use them yourself!
By the end of this workshop, you will know how to:
• Apply the relevant aspects of Health and Safety relating to Melt and Pour soaping;
• Recognise what equipment is required to create your own soaps;
• Examine the suitability of ingredients and the quantities required to create your own soaps;
• Experiment with colour to individualise your soaps;
• Experiment with fragrances to individualise your soaps; and
• Care for/store your hand finished soaps.
Workshop Tutors: Gill Jones and Kate Jones
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will take home your batch of beautifully hand crafted soap which should provide you with approximately 12 bars of soap.
• All materials to make your melt and pour soaps will be provided.
• All facilities are accessible.
• Tea/coffee and homemade cake will be provided.
• There is plenty of parking for those attending the workshop.