The workshops are held in the Aroma Natural farmhouse kitchen near the wonderful North Norfolk coast in Hindringham.
This workshop is ideal for beginners.
One to One personal tuition is offered on this course so I can give you my full attention for the day while you make wonderful, handmade soap.
I want each person to have a memorable day so we start the morning with a coffee/tea and chat so we can all get to know each other and relax.
I can also arrange workshops for you and your friends or family on a day suitable to us both, which can be a free Saturday or week day. Please select 'Ask a Question' to contact me in advance of booking.
In the morning :
We will talk about the history of soap making followed by :
- Basics chemistry of soap making including lye
- Talk about different oils/butters that can be used for making soap
- A brief talk on formulating your own recipe and how to ensure your soap works for your type of skin. This will include learning about the INS value of oils/butters and why it is so important
- We will learn about essential oils and how they can be used in therapeutic ways
- Learn how to line a mould
- Health and safety needed to make cold pressed soap
A light lunch will be provided - please let me know any allergies.
In the afternoon we will :
- Weigh out our ingredients
- Learn all about trace in soap making
- Make your very own soap - 5-8 bars
- Learn about insulating and gel stage
- Learn about curing soap
- Decorating, cutting and storing your soap
- Wrapping and packaging your soap
- Where to buy ingredients
- Booklet on 'Making Your Own Soap'
Have lots of fun
For those who can not travel to North Norfolk this course can be done in the comfort of your own home with our Online Soap Making Course using informational tutorials and complete video help. Enrol by going to our website and following the link.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
I will provide all your requirements for the day, all you need to bring is a packed lunch.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.