𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐩 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬?
I will walk you through the whole process from making your first soaps to getting ready to sell your soaps in an easy to follow day with me.
This course will put you in the right path to success!
𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫?
- Learn on your own with Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
- Learn as much as possible in one day and cover certain areas of your choice in depth.
- You have made soap before but have lots of questions.
- You have questions relating to regulations, suppliers and compliance.
- You want to formulate and make different recipes in your session or use a particular ingredient.
- You want to start a business and want someone to explain each step in an easy to understand way.
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧:
- How to make traditional cold process soap.
- How to create your own scent blend from essential oils and colour your soap using clays, micas or activated charcoal.
- How to work safely with lye.
- How to formulate your own recipes using a lye calculator.
- The properties of soap making oils and why we use them.
- How to make a great bar of soap.
- An introduction about compliance, safety regulations and legalities when selling soaps
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐩 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
We have a great location in Bexley Village (zone 6 on Oyster Card) which means we are easy to get to, just a couple of minutes walk from Bexley train station, with trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐱𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐩 𝐂𝐨.?
Paula has built her business from scratch combining a job in the city with her love for artisan products. She made this possible with dedication, passion, perseverance and hard work.
Paula found soap and candle making a very therapeutic way to escape from the daily stresses of working in finance and a great life balance.
She loves helping others achieve their goals, whether working full time, part time, retired or unemployed there is always time to learn a new skill and the possibility to run a business that fits into your lifestyle.
Paula is an accountant specialised in budgeting and forecasting and has an Honours Degree in International Business Administration.
She has many years of experience as a soap maker and running soap making courses. She loves teaching and inspiring others along their soap making journeys.
Paula is also an excellent chandler and she also runs a Beginner’s Candle Making Course, with many students attending both.
Paula is a double finalist in the Bexley Business Excellence Awards 2020 for “Business Entrepreneur of the Year” and “Made in Bexley” for her outstanding products.
Covid-19: Our courses follow the latest government’s guidances making sure your day is a fantastic and safe experience.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All ingredients, safety equipment, comprehensive handout and the confidence to continue your business venture at home.
You will take home all the soaps made on the day.
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.