𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
I will take you through the whole process in a day course and be in the right path to success.
Learn step by step with Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. An experienced chandler and excellent tutor who has taught hundreds of students the art of candle making.
𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫?
- You want to learn on your own and don’t want to be in a group
- You want to learn as much as possible in one day
- You have never made candles before and want to go through each step at your own pace
- You have made candles before but have lots of questions
- You want to start a business and want someone to explain each step in an easy to understand way.
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select them and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
- Marketing your products
- Cost and pricing
- You will be taught everything you need to know to comply with current legislation
- Good manufacturing practice, labelling requirements, CLP etc.
Please note that this is a course for beginners, therefore further research, testing and practice will be needed by the student to be able to start a business.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝟏 𝐭𝐨 𝟏 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
Old Bexley Soap Co. products and outstanding courses have been Highly Commended at the prestigious Bexley Business Excellence Awards 2020. Paula was also a finalist for “Business Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2020.
Paula has built her business from scratch combining her job in the city with her love for artisan products. She made this possible with dedication, passion, perseverance and hard work.
She found soap and candle making a very therapeutic way to escape from the daily stresses of working in finance and a great life balance.
Paula loves helping others achieve their goals, whether working full time, part time, on furlough or unemployed there is always time to learn a new skill and the possibility to run a business that fits into your lifestyle.
Paula is an accountant specialised in budgeting and forecasting with an Honours Degree in International Business Administration. She enjoys teaching others and helping them along their candle making journeys.
We have a great location in Bexley Village (zone 6 on Oyster Card) which means we are easy to get to, just a couple of minutes walk from Bexley train station, with trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
The course includes all materials, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
We will make candles that you will take home.
5 hours (flexible times to suit)
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
5 hours (flexible times to suit)
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed yesterday's candle making course at your house.
It was clear, informative and I appreciated your candor and openness about the Candle industry. I remember Kemi saying that you literally answered all her questions and throughout the day you showed structure and professionalism when it came to demonstrating how to make the candles, your handouts will be very useful for future reference.
I thoroughly enjoyed making my candles and I now feel that we are both better informed about the candle making business. Patrice & Kemi
Response from Old Bexley Soap Co.:Thank you so much Patrice, so pleased to hear you enjoyed the course. All the best of luck in your new candle business. Paula
I did the 1 to 1 course with a friend and we had a fantastic teacher in Paula. We were lucky enough to be able to attend in person rather than over zoom and it is an amazing setting. The day was professional, informative, entertaining and gave us everything knowledge-wise we needed to start our own candle making business. Paula really knows her products and imparts so much useful information to help like minded people begin their set up in business. She also provides ongoing help as consultations and other workshops which complement the candle making. I feel we have made a friend and mentor Thank you Paula! xx
Response from Old Bexley Soap Co.:Thank you Jan, such a pleasure teaching you. I look forward to following your progress!. Paula
This week I spent the most amazing day with Paula on a 1-2-1 course for candle making. I learnt so much and have saved myself hours of research as Paula had so many of the answers I was looking for. The day was full on yet very relaxed and in such a beautiful setting. Paula is so easy to get on with, so informed and, whilst it was a very relaxed day, Paula's knowledge and professionalism also shone through.
I felt the day was totally structured around me and what I needed to learn and the pace was just perfect. Oh, I also made some amazing candles too!
I am so excited now to start my own business and feel that this course has not only given me the essential skills and knowledge but, most of all, the confidence to achieve this.
Thank you Paula!
PS - the Gypsy Tart was delicious!
Response from Old Bexley Soap Co.:Thank you for leaving this wonderful review. Please keep in touch. Paula