After 5 months unable to deliver a workshop we have changed the location of our studio in an attempt to keep delivering our usual mosaic sessions safely.
If you want to learn about mosaics and experience the joy of making one, we run monthly workshops to get you started into mosaics and to help you practice more. We will teach you different mosaic techniques, with both direct and indirect mosaic options being included, sessions are designed to be standalone or as a block of sessions for projects that require more time.
We will be learning about different tiles and cutting techniques, we will explore various mosaic materials such as glass, stone and marble with all the tools involved in producing a fantastic piece of work to suit your style and interest.
You will have a lot of individual tuition on this friendly course and you will be guided based on your individual needs. Each theme is prepared in advance, but you are encouraged to develop your own design.
Through these classes you should be able to understand color and shapes for mosaic making, understand the difference between direct and indirect mosaic techniques and be able to color and grout your own work.
The main changes to ensure we are Covid Secure are:
1. Masks must be worn by everyone who isn't medically exempt.
2. Our teachers will trial wearing visors and removing masks during demonstrations to aid communication.
3. We have invested in air purification units with virus killing catalysts to use during classes.
4. We also have a disinfectant fogging machine to use between classes to keep us all as safe as possible.
5. We won't provide any drinks and refreshments so please make sure to bring your own.
6. Regular breaks will be accommodated to allow you to take some fresh air, we are in the middle of the park!
7. Tools and material sharing to be avoided as much as possible and teacher's innovation to be kept to minimum.
8. Participants are required to fully understand that it is their own responsibility to make sure Government’s guidance on Covid-19 is followed and that they take full responsibility for engaging in such creative activities and that they do it at their own risk.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Free parking and all materials provided.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.