About the Course
Clare Hedges is a second generation artisan in the craft of handmade passementerie. Weaving since a child Clare has an unsurpassed eye for colour and detail, essential when making purely bespoke trimmings for the highest quality furnishings. Clares work can be seen in national trust properties, stately homes and high end retailers.
Clare will be running a two day follow-up workshop to her introductory passementerie course, recapping on techniques already covered on the introductory course, culminating in the students making their own full sized tie back (as per photo)
- Make a 3 ply rope and tie a decorative knot in it, finish the ends and attach a wire for later assembly
- cover 2 different shapes of moulds with which they have made
- decorate the top mould with stripes in colours of their own choosing - having made the cord themselves
- make fine cord and use that to make netting to decorate the lower mould
- prepare and make bullion cord for the skirt
- make the skirt using a skirt board make ruffs to cover the joins
- assemble tie back
- attach ruffs
It is essential that you have some basic knowledge of passementerie making or have attended Clare's Introductory into Passementerie Making Course before signing up to do the follow-up course.
For more information contact The British School of Upholstered Furniture by clicking through above
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All materials for the class will be provided.