Learn leather sewing from the comfort of your own home. We will provide the materials and the support whilst you get to grips with leather bag-making skills.
You will make a beautiful bag that is very satisfying to make and a great introduction to working with leather. But you will also finish with techniques and skills that you can apply to future projects.
On this workshop you will:
1) Understand putting structure into leather
2) Learn to paint using specialist paints
2) Understand bag construction
3) Learn hand stitching techniques
4) Learn leather finishing techniques
5) Fit hardware
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- Online tuition
- Pre-cut leather (100% reclaimed)
- Fusing cotton
- Waxed threads
- Hand sewing needle
- Scraps for testing
- Leather paints
- Paint brushes
- Paper pattern and instructions
What you will need
To make the bag you need a ruler, scissors, iron and a hole punch. You can sew along with the workshop, or just join the workshop and watch and listen and make your bag at a later date. It's up to you.