Start your business from home with our online workshops!
Learn candle making with branding and legislation. Develop your product. Stay legal. Know your customer. Learn fragrance creation for your brand of candles.
During this 2-hour live one to one online workshop, you will be expertly led by Zaga as you go through the process of making your product, understanding business legalities and product safety testing. You will also learn about your brand, ideal market positioning, and buyer’s persona. Following the workshop you will be able to start your own business right away.
You will receive all materials for the course and a pen, notebook and printed notes when you purchase the workshop online. Zaga will then be in touch with you to arrange a suitable time.
Zaga is an award winning candle and fragrance consultant with over 16 years experience in the industry. Winner of the Lux Life Magazine Best Fragrance Consultant and Candle Designer 2020.
You will receive all material and equipment including fragrance material at your home address prior to the workshop.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
The business candle making material you will receive in the post is as follows:
- One empty glass container as on the image
- 140 gr of pure soy wax
- One suitable natural wick
- One bottle of bespoke fragrance from the Beauty Handmade fragrance library
- Material notes, pen and notebook
- Business template plan, budget template, candle testing sheets, start up check up lists and troubleshooting pages
- Legislation pages material
+ Free gift: budget and business plan worksheets.
The workshop - will consist of 3 parts:
Part 1: Introduction to branding, relevant to your business:
Introduction to your business idea and an insight on what branding means for your business, what is niche and how you can work to establish your business within the candle industry. Please note that this is very brief as it is only an introduction to branding.
Part 2: Candle making process: your product development steps:
- Step by step process of making a scented soy container candle
- What obstacles you will be encountering en route to product development and how to solve the issues
- How to choose the right wax for your business.
- Natural wicks and how to determine the size
- Equipment needed when starting as a small business and how to set up for scaling
- Why fragrances misbehave and how to solve this issue with some of the trade secrets exposed
- I will share the whole list of my contacts and suppliers with you for your future business trade accounts and purchases
- Pricing calculations
Part 3: Legislation and product safety: A detailed overview:
- Legislation and selling legalities – a detailed overview of the legislation including resources and contacts for regulators
- Product Safety Directive and why it matters to your business
- Safety tests required for your candle burn including testing for safety information and worksheets
Support after the workshop for 2 months via email and private phone calls.
Good internet connection and a serious commitment to start a business as I do not work with everyone, particularly not with those that "are not sure".
This course is taught onlineSee more from this course organiser
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.