This course is targeted at people who are interested in carving candles or have decided to open a small business. What will you learn in that Workshop:
1. The technology of manufacturing of candle blanks:
• Selection of candle molds;
• Preparation technology of the wick;
• The composition and proportions of the material;
• The correct choice of melting temperature range.
2. Preparation and application of colored paraffin onto the candle base (blank):
• The composition and proportions;
• Selection of color range and color scheme solution;
• Painting (dipping) and cooling the blanks;
3. Candle carving:
• Selection of patterns, shaping, and candle design
• Teaching basic carving skills;
4. Candle design:
• Candle lacquer;
• Packing choice for candles.
Special features, secrets, and prevention of mistakes in candle carving
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
During the course duration, each student can carve from 10 to 15 different kinds of candles, which he/she can take home.
Training takes place in the carving studio. All the tools, materials, dyes are provided by the instructor.