Business Candle Making Workshop Edinburgh
Contact course provider
About the Course
This is a private one to one bespoke container candle making workshop specifically designed for those thinking of starting a candle making business with award winning candle maker Kerrylyn Bell. The intensive 2.5 hour workshop will enable you to learn all the delicate steps involved in making and selling candles and give you a wealth of knowledge and information to enable you to create a soy candle making business.
You will be drawing on Kerry's 5 years of experience in this field where she has had to learn everything the hard way and she won't have you wasting time and will help you avoid any likely pitfalls in production, packaging and branding.
The workshop is held midweek at a mutually convenient date.
Who is this workshop for?
Those of you that may be thinking of starting your own candle making business and you are unsure as to where to start. Those of you that may have already created a brand but struggling with candle making products.
No prior knowledge required, everything will be explained in detail.
Support after the workshop
You will get unlimited email to me (I will respond between 10am and 3pm) with your questions.
On this intensive workshop you will learn
- We will discuss your target market so we can determine what style and price point of packaging will be most appropriate for your business.
- How to make a soy scented container candle including all troubleshooting problems
- The different candle waxes in the market place today, and their main differences.
- We will discuss all about candle wicks and their importance in candle making.
- Different fragrance options (essential oils v fragrance oils and nature identical oils) you will be able to choose your own scent from our fragrance library.
- Step by step process of making a container candle using natural soy wax and how to measure the correct quantities.
- You will assemble and hand pour 2 container candles.
- We will recommend and discuss suitable wholesalers for your business raw ingredients and you will take away a full list of suppliers and wholesalers.
- We will discuss packaging options for our candles.
- You will learn how to cost your candle for wholesale and retail.
- How to test wicks for candle making.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to fix surface problems.
- Health and safety and legislation on labeling (CLP). We will cover the regulations that you need to adhere to and tell you how to get the correct information for your labels that are within clp framework. We will discuss how to stay legal in this business and what you need to adhere to be able to sell your product to the public.
- We will cover the equipment needed for candle making.
- The importance of testing candles.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to make a soy wax container candle and have the confidence and knowledge to be able to take the next steps to starting your own candle business. There will also be time to ask any questions that you may have.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Included is all the equipment, materials, 2 candles that you have hand poured to take away, a candle making kit and a mid morning break of tea, coffee and homemade cake.
What you will take away :
- 2 scented container candles that you have hand poured yourself.
- a starter candle making kit
- the workshop hand out which covers the content of the course and gives further reading
- a full list of suppliers and wholesalers
- a copy of a candle testing sheet, I will email you the original after the course for you to adapt and use
- email support after the workshop.
This was the second course that I have attended and it was every bit as good as the first.
Kerry is a wonderful teacher she is so enthusiastic and knowledgable and her home is such a beautiful setting.
I feel I have made a real friend.
Beverley Wilson-Kemp - - #13872
This is my second course with Kerry and once again a delightful day . Her expertise and knowledge is outstanding . Her honesty is a breath of fresh air in this business . I look forward to our next time together .
Vicki - - #13479
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.