𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
I will take you through the whole process in a day course and be in the right path to success.
Learn step by step with Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. An experienced chandler and excellent tutor who has taught hundreds of students the art of candle making.
THIS COURSE IS FOR 2 PEOPLE
𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫?
- You want to learn on your own and don’t want to be in a group
- You want to learn as much as possible in one day
- You have never made candles before and want to go through each step at your own pace
- You have made candles before but have lots of questions
- You want to start a business and want someone to explain each step in an easy to understand way.
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select them and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
- Marketing your products
- Cost and pricing
- You will be taught everything you need to know to comply with current legislation
- Good manufacturing practice, labelling requirements, CLP etc.
Please note that this is a course for beginners, therefore further research, testing and practice will be needed by the student to be able to start a business.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝟏 𝐭𝐨 𝟏 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
I have built my business from scratch combining my job in the city with my love for artisan products. I made this possible with dedication, passion, perseverance and hard work.
I found soap and candle making a very therapeutic way to escape from the daily stresses of working in finance and a great life balance.
I love helping others achieve their goals, whether you are working full time, part time, on furlough or unemployed there is always time to learn a new skill and the possibility to run a business that fits into your lifestyle.
I am an accountant specialised in budgeting and forecasting with an Honours Degree in International Business Administration. I enjoy teaching others and helping them along their candle making journeys.
I am a double finalist in the Bexley Business Excellence Awards 2020 in the categories “Entrepreneur of the Year” and “Made in Bexley.
We have a great location in Bexley Village (zone 6 on Oyster Card) which means we are easy to get to, just a couple of minutes walk from Bexley train station, with trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
The course includes all materials, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
We will make candles that you will take home.
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
5 hours (flexible times to suit)
Next available date
2nd December 2020