𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
I will take you through the whole process in a day course (we can split this into 2 sessions as well) and be in the right path to success.
Learn step by step with Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. An experienced chandler and excellent tutor who has taught hundreds of students the art of candle making.
𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫?
- You want to learn on your own and don’t want to be in a group
- You want to learn as much as possible in one day
- You have never made candles before and want to go through each step at your own pace
- You have made candles before but have lots of questions
- You want to start a business and want someone to explain each step in an easy to understand way.
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select them and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
- Marketing your products
- Cost and pricing
- You will be taught everything you need to know to comply with current legislation
- Good manufacturing practice, labelling requirements, CLP etc.
Please note that this is a course for beginners, therefore further research, testing and practice will be needed by the student to be able to start a business.
Please get in touch first to arrange a suitable date prior booking.
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝟏 𝐭𝐨 𝟏 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
Old Bexley Soap Co. products and outstanding courses have been Highly Commended at the prestigious Bexley Business Excellence Awards 2020. Paula was also a finalist for “Business Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2020.
She has built her business from scratch combining her job in the city with her love for artisan products. She made this possible with dedication, passion, perseverance and hard work.
She found soap and candle making a very therapeutic way to escape from the daily stresses of working in finance and a great life balance.
she loves helping others achieve their goals, whether working full time, part time, on furlough or unemployed there is always time to learn a new skill and the possibility to run a business that fits into your lifestyle.
She is an accountant specialised in budgeting and forecasting with an Honours Degree in International Business Administration. She enjoys teaching others and helping them along their candle making journeys.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
A kit will be sent to you with the ingredients to make a candle
Kitchen pans in order to melt the wax, one fitting inside the other.
Pouring jug (pyrex, stainless steel or heat resistant plastic)
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
4 hours (flexible times to suit)
My experience with Paula was increasable. I knew nothing about candle making, but wanted to learn about candle making and make it a business. Paula's energetic and kind personality made the course fun and enjoyable, she loves teaching and to give her knowledge and experience to others. With this course I saved so much time rather than learning time by time. One of the best courses in candle making for business.
Response from Old Bexley Soap Co.:Thank you Kristina, all the best of luck in your business.
If you are starting a candle business, it would be almost impossible without Paula’s incredible knowledge. I promise you, after being in the forums, I know more in my sessions than people that have been doing it without training for months.
On top of the sheer amount of knowledge, she’s so super nice and so patient. She explains everything so clearly and it was so enjoyable. I highly recommend the one to one course.
The candle I made is amazing by the way!
Very very happy!