About the Course
Ever wanted to spin your own yarn and use a spinning wheel? In this workshop, Gina will explain and demonstrate, step by step, how to transform raw fleece to finished yarn that you can knit with. You will be impressed with your own creativity and the unique yarn you spin.
What you will learn during the workshop:
- Students will learn how to wash, card and spin fleece using hand carders, a drum carder, drop spindle and spinning wheels. No experience is necessary and all materials are provided. Anyone who already owns carding and spinning equipment may bring this along if they would like to find out more about using them.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
At the end of this workshop, you will take home;
- Learners will take home a mini-skein of plied yarn, an information sheet, along with ideas of how to use your hand spun yarn. Everything you need to continue learning and practicing at home.
The Rural Skills Centre will provide;
- All materials for the workshop so that you get the full experience of spinning yarn from fleece
- Tea/Coffee and homemade cake.
- Lunch which can be eaten in the ‘Tack Room’.
- Plenty of parking.
- Accessible facilities.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.