Upholstery Course - The Cube Stool - at Makers Quarter Manchester
Contact course provider
About the Course
Upholstery - Cube stool
A Two day workshop with Simion Hawtin-Smith
There is nothing more satisfying than learning a new skill and going away with something to show for it! Over two days learn the skills you need to create a Bespoke Cube stool. This compact and versatile piece of furniture can be used as a footstool or seating.....a great place to start when learning the traditional techniques of Upholstery.
- The fully upholstered Cube course teaches students traditional upholstery skills.
- Learn how to hand stitch the piping using traditional slip stitching techniques.
- Choose the number of buttons and learn how to make them.
- Finish and paint the feet
-All the framework, feet and buttons are supplied for you
- Select an Upholstery fabric that suits your home...make this piece bespoke to you! (fabric to be purchased separately)
No. of students: 6
*1m of fabric required for The Cube course. Simion offers discount on fabric to all his students. Upon booking you will be sent a link to his fabric page.
PLEASE NOTE: Fabric will not automatically be supplied on the day you must pre arrange before the class.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All tools, wooden frame, refreshments are provided. Please note the fabric for your bespoke Cube Stool must be purchased separately with Simion Hawtin-Smith of Reloved Upholstery.
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
- Accessible by public transport
- Disabled access
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Suitable for stag and hen dos
- Teen friendly