Course Start DatesWednesday 22nd April 2020
About the Course
This beginners course is responding to the huge growth in ownership of digital SLR (DSLR) cameras and the increased demand for digital images for personal and commercial use.
The course is designed to take novice photographers and teach them the basic science, technology, craft and art of photography, enabling you to develop the knowledge and skills to create technically sound, interesting and professional images.
You will move away from shooting with the camera in automatic mode and start using the various camera modes that enable you to take control of your images. Topics include:
- choosing and buying your equipment
- making images: looking and seeing
- shutter and shutter speed
- subject lighting
- digital developing and printing
- the advantages of RAW photographs.
The course will be a mixture of theory and practice.
There will inspiring projects that will explore artistic expression, reportage, commerciality, nature, people and community.
Further reading will be suggested to enhance your knowledge.
During this course you will:
- learn about contemporary digital photography today and current technology
- identify successful digital images and discuss the aesthetic qualities of your work and that of other students and professionals
- plan a photograph, from composition to digital printing
- work in different light situations to create successful images
- manually adjust focus, shutter speeds and exposure on your digital camera to produce effects
- create unique images on location and in the studio environment
- edit images using basic Photoshop functions
- promote your images online to others.
What will you gain?
The mix of art, craft, science, technology and practical advice makes this course very exciting and ideal for the enthusiastic amateur photographer, artists and designers.
The course would be of use to anyone wanting to improve their photography skills whether as a hobby or a gateway to further study or employment.
Entry requirement: No experience is required.
Click through above to book your place online.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
25 hours of of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 10.
Modern accommodation is available a short walk from our studios and is available to those booked on to a summer school course for an additional fee. Accommodation can be booked online via the link above.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.