Course Start Dates
About the Course
Come and join me in my kitchen for this fun hands-on Afternoon Tea Baking Workshop experience where you will learn how to make delicious buttermilk scones and biscuits from scratch and fill and decorate a 6" cake made for you by Jo with luxury Swiss meringue buttercream and a variety of toppings.
My workshops are small groups with a maximum of five people which provides me with the opportunity to guide everyone through the creating process. They are also fun and you always go home with a box full of cake, recipes and fond memories of your afternoon.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• All fresh good quality ingredients.
• All equipment to include apron.
• Refreshments and homemade nibbles
• A 6" cakes for you to decorate made by Jo.
• Full hands on tuition for all the baking.
What you will learn:
• How to make buttermilk scones from scratch.
• How to make & decorate biscuits from scratch.
• How to decorate your cake using a piping bag, nozzle and a selection of toppings
What you will take home:
• A box of scones, biscuits your cakes to share with your friends and family.
• Recipes for the buttermilk scones and biscuits.
• Wonderful memories of a fun afternoon.
A great way to spend an afternoon. I would definitely recommend it. Making delicious scones, biscuits, decorating cakes with the help of Jo, what could be nicer. And we got to take some home too😀
Anne Carrington - - #28162
Response from JOBOBAKES:I love baking and sharing my knowledge Anne and I’m so happy you enjoyed the workshop.
We had a brilliant afternoon chatting and baking, what more can you ask! Jo is a lovely warm and friendly host and we all came away having learnt something and with a gorgeous box of goodies.
Thanks Jo, we’ll be back.
CatherineS - - #28129
Response from JOBOBAKES:I’m so pleased you had a fabulous time Catherine and I was able to help in your baking journey.
An excellent afternoon of baking. Jo was a hand's on instructor and made everyone comfortable. Can thoroughly recommend and will go again.
sylvia Meekham - - #25525
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.