Printing on clay
Contact course provider
About the Course
This one day course is designed to introduce you to printmaking techniques for ceramics where you will learn how to design, make and decorate tiles or plates.
The course is suitable for beginners or those who wish to develop their skills using printmaking techniques. The course covers:
• Painting onto plaster using coloured slips and mono-printing.
• Drawing with oxides to create tonal mono-prints.
• Pressing clay into plate moulds, adding fabric and plaster textures.
• Using stencils, for example paper and latex to mask interesting areas of your print and layer further imagery.
• You will be introduced to historical and contemporary approaches in ceramics.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. The voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Materials and firing costs, refreshments.