Oil and Acrylic Residential Painting Holiday in France
Contact course provider
About the Course
Learn to paint from life with Artist Alex Kelly in the 'alla prima' style.
We will be working in the studio and 'plein air' and will include painting on location at some of the wonderful inspiring places we visit, some of the glorious undulating local landscapes, florals, figurative work and still life.
Suitable for artists of all levels from complete beginners to more experienced artists. Our groups are small of 4 - 8 students to ensure that everyone gets the individual guidance required.
Alla prima, direct painting, usually wet-in-wet, is exciting and often surprising because the artist is often responding spontaneously but with great concentration on the subject. You will be amazed by your progress and achievements with Alex's expert tuition.
Our courses are friendly and informal but enormously productive and will enable you to grow in confidence and skills. At the end of the week, you will take home wonderful memories of a fabulous holiday and your paintings will be a lasting record of your stay.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- Pick up and drop off at Toulouse Airport on arrival and departure days
- 7 nights accommodation at La Salle in an en suite room
- 25 hours tuition, full use of studio, easels, boards, jars
- All meals including wine, except 1 evening out at a local restaurant
- Tea and coffee available all day (self service)
- Use of the outdoor pool
- Excursions include a visit to paint at the beautiful Waterlily gardens of Latour Marliac where Claude Monet obtained Waterlilies for his gardens at Giverny, a market visit to a vibrant local town, a Chateau tour and wine tasting and a lovely 3 course lunch in a local restaurant.