At Sew Forest of Dean, the Natural World is a constant and vibrant source of inspiration for our embroidery and quilting designs and this one day workshop will show you how to interpret the things we see around us into stitch.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Using the garden, books and magazines as our source, we will choose a subject matter that interests you (flowers, leaves, landscapes, birds etc.) and consider the colours and stitches that will represent this source in your stitching. No previous hand embroidery experience is necessary as full tuition will be provided on the day.
The workshop will include the following:
* Choosing your subject matter to stitch
* Selecting appropriate colour and thicknesses of thread
* Selecting your fabric to work on
* Choosing your stitches and techniques to bring the image to life
* Demonstration and tuition in a range of hand embroidery stitches
* Working with an embroidery hoop
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.