Course Start DatesSaturday 29th February 2020
About the Course
I graduated from Nottingham Trent University with a BA (Hons) in Knitwear & Fashion Design and have worked as a freelance hand-knit designer, and in fashion retail. In 2003, I completed my PGCE at Homerton College Cambridge in Art & Design and have spent 15 years teaching Art and Textiles to GCSE and A level students.
Structure of the workshop days:
The aim is to provide a relaxed, friendly, supportive, experimental and fun experience where you will learn a new (or revive a previous) skill and take home something you feel proud enough to put on display!
Group size: 4 – 6 people. You can book as a group or as an individual.
• Start 09.45 for 10.00am start
• 13.00 Lunch (45 minutes)
• 16.00 Finish
We will start by gathering images and sharing ideas to provide inspiration for colour schemes, designs and patterns. The course will cover the basics of getting started with silkscreen methods, preparing inks with art or textile medium, applying the inks and using the squeegee to create simple block, stripe and splat effects. You will have chance to create a range of backgrounds to work onto as we progress to simple paper stencils and layered effects. Your finished pieces on paper or fabric can then be framed, stretched over canvasses, used for home furnishings or embellished with stitching and beadwork when you get home.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
What you will need to bring:
- Please bring a packed lunch.
- If you have a particular theme or image you would like to work from please bring it along – your own drawings, photographs or magazine cuttings are all good source materials – but don’t worry if you haven’t got anything – there will be imagery to choose from.
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting messy and/or an apron.
What we will provide:
- The workshop will take place in a light filled, open space facing out onto a garden.
- All materials and equipment will be provided.
- There will be coffee/tea and cookies available in the morning, and afternoon tea and cake. Please let us know of any special dietary requirements.
This was my first try at screen printing and it did not disappoint. We gained an appreciation of the technical skill required for particular results but were still able to produce pieces that we were proud of and could use to create further prints. Judith's studio is an inspiration, full of light, and to spend the day with fellow printers in such a creative space was a treat in itself. Many thanks, Judith, for an enjoyable day.
Sara - - #19743
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.