Ideal for individuals or couples, (listed price is for an individual, for couples prices please get in touch) this 3-day (2-night) photography course is a fantastic way to experience the beautiful winter of the Isle of Lewis.
Tailored to the individual and suitable for all abilities, this course will guide you through the black and white analogue process of silver gelatin photographs, ending with you producing your very own hand printed darkroom prints to take home.
You'll be staying in the beautiful and unique Hebridean Bothy Pods which shares a croft with Island Darkroom.
Day 1: Intro to Analogue Photography; starting with manual camera settings and tips in landscape photography and composition, we will venture out into the wild winter Hebridean outdoors to specially selected locations to shoot your first film.
Day 2: We'll begin this day by processing this film by hand in the darkroom using traditional techniques. This will be followed by how to create a contact sheet from your newly developed film.
Day 3: You will spend this day learning how to select and print your newly shot photographs in the darkroom, learning dodging and burning, filters and other traditional printing techniques.
This course is led by Island Darkroom's experienced and award winning photographer, Mhairi Law.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- All materials and equipment required for the course will be provided by Island Darkroom, but if you have a specific 35mm or 120mm camera that you wish to use please feel free to bring it.
- Self-catering accommodation is provided by neighbouring Hebridean Bothy Pod, Island Darkroom will not be providing food apart from tea and coffee in the classes, so make sure you bring supplies.
- Please bring sensible footwear and clothing for our photo-taking excursion.
- Participants must also provide their own transportation.
- Apart from the shooting of the film which rely's on daylight, timings can be flexible throughout the day to let you make the most of your stay.
- If you would prefer to arrive the night before or stay a night after our workshops, please book the Hebridean Bothy Pods by visiting their website.
Any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch :)