Course Provider: Dog with a Bone
Contact Name: John Matthews
Telephone: 0161 234 0099
Style&Salvaged & Scóna
Uppermill Lee Street
Course Length: 4 weeks, 2 hours each session
5 star rating, 1 reviewers.
Got a digital camera for Christmas? Have no idea how to use it?
Local film maker and TV cameraman John Matthews will show you how to take better photographs, fast!
An intense 4 week course - four sessions of two hours each for just £75 at the gorgeous Style&Salvaged & Scóna at Reclamation Room, Uppermill Lee Street, OL3 6AE Oldham, United Kingdom
Our beginners photography course not only explains the basics of photography, but it introduces you to hands-on practice sessions. You will learn to control different camera functions so you can make the creative images you want.
This photography course runs from 12.00 am to 1400 pm with a break half way.
During the beginners photography course you will learn:
• How to compose great shots – this is probably the most important part of the course, something I specialise in and we go into great depth in this area – often overlooked on other courses
• White balance – how to avoid blue and yellow hues in your photos
• Focus – an introduction to this creative and yet complex area
• Programmes – what they do and what you should be using
• Lenses – how lenses can help you be more creative and capture what you want
• f-stops – what are they and do you need them? I’ll show you that it is not necessary to use them to get what you want – but you need to know what they are, what they mean
• How to capture action and sport
• Different ways to photograph landscapes, people and objects.
• How your camera meters light and why this matters
• ISO – photo sensitivity explained
About the course leader
John L Matthews is from Uppermill. He has earned a living using cameras for over ten years. He has filmed on at least twelve films and is a qualified teacher. His work is shown in over 32 countries around the world. John studied Photography and Composition at St Etienne University, France, where the cine-camera was invented.
What's included in the price?
You need to bring your own camera and the manual. If you have one bring your tripod. You will need a notepad to take notes.
Please wear outdoor gear as you will be expected to go out taking photos.
Emma Metcalfe -
Browse all UK
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.