Learn woodturning in the peaceful setting of our workshop located in the cottage garden of our home on the Cambs/Norfolk border.
Classes are one to one so you will have an immersive experience with the full attention of the tutor. There will be no other students in the workshop.
You'll learn how to make a spindle-turned item that you'll be able to take away with you at the end of the experience. The session can also be tailored to meet the requirements of those who have just started woodturning and wish to gain some more insight in a particular element of woodturning. During this private tuition, complete beginners will learn how to mount a piece of wood on the lathe; how to cut and shape the wood using gouges and other woodturning tools, and then how to finish the wood afterwards.
We also offer this workshop now for 1 person (check out the "Beginners half-day 1-2-1 woodturning workshop for 1 person" course).
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the workshop.
The sessions are hands-on, and the student will be able to use the lathe to create their pieces. The tuition can be tuned to what they would like to do, as people tend to learn quicker working in areas that they are interested in. The aim is to make an item or items that they can feel proud of and take away with them. All students will be provided with a certificate of completion. All of the wood used is from sustainable local sources.
The half-day workshop includes:
- All tools, materials and personal protection equipment (eye protection/lung protection).
- Smocks and old shirts, but the student may wish to bring their own. If they already have some woodturning tools, they could bring these along too if they wish.
- Refreshments (tea/coffee/soft drinks and biscuits).
- One-to-one tuition/private tuition ensuring the student gets the maximum benefit from the experience with no distractions.
- All work can be taken home.
- Certificate of completion.
- Detailed course notes for those who wish to pursue the craft.
- Follow-up advice.
flexible times to suit
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
flexible times to suit