Course suits: Those who have never painted and aspire to a high level of technique. Those who already paint but are self-taught and feel they have gaps in technical knowledge.
Objectives: To learn the basic foundations for starting to paint from a technical aspect.
Level: Absolute Beginners or those wishing to explore Beginner Techniques.
Materials needed: Please bring a canvas, all other materials included.
· On this practical course you will be introduced to acrylic painting techniques as well as the fundamental starting points to painting.
· Learn the important technical aspects to beginning to paint with acrylics including preparing your surface, colour mixing, tonality, brush handling, layering and completing a simple composition.
· Your tutor will teach you step-by-step how to prepare your painting surface, colour and tone experiments, palette preparation, colour coordination, use of mediums and thinners, and brushwork techniques.
· Through practical demonstration, one to one support and exercises you will learn the basics that will give you the confidence to continue painting at home.
· At the end of the day you will also have increased your knowledge of colour, tone and how to approach painting with acrylic. You will have completed a series of experiments and a simple still life study in acrylic.
Tutor: Rob Nelmes https://www.robnelmes.co.uk
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All materials and refreshments included - please bring a canvas.
6½ hours (10:00am to 4:30pm)