Make a realistic portrait of your beautiful dog in needle felt with artist Sophie Wheatley on this acclaimed course "My BEST EVER Dog Portrait!"
This is perfect for you if you're a dog lover who wants to make a lasting memory of your dog that you're proud to hang on the wall.
"My BEST EVER Dog Portrait!" is a lifetime access course - made up of recorded video tutorials, a private online group to get support, live monthly workshops and individual feedback on your portrait when you need from Sophie.
For beginners and those with some experience alike. You'll learn the exact needle felting techniques to make a portrait of your dog/s that you LOVE without needing professional art skills or it taking years of practice before you're any good.
Even if you can't draw. Even if you've never needle felted before.
Even if you've struggled to figure it out on your own
This course teaches you what you need to know so you can make incredible dog portraits from the off. No matter what sort of dog you have (and then go on to make ALL your friends and families dogs too!).
You'll learn to
- Choose the RIGHT photo every time so that you're not making mistakes that will de-rail your portrait later on in the process.
- Easily transfer a photo of your dog onto fabric – even if you can’t draw freehand (I don't, so you don’t have to either).
- Translate all the detail in your dog’s photo so that your portrait has all the charming features that make him so special – like his wet shiny nose and those sparkly eyes.
- Match perfectly your wool colours to your dogs natural fur so that it not only looks just like them but is the right colour - even if it's a mix of so many different colours, you'll learn how to do this with ease.
- Master the detail with simple needle felting techniques so that you can make any fur type look natural in your portrait. You'll learn which techniques are best for each fur type and how to best master them - so you can make any dog you put your mind to.
** You get lifetime access to this course and so can keep referring to the tutorials when you need.
- Troubleshoot your portrait so you can fix any problems that might arise. This is SUCH a valuable part of learning portraits and I have a way of doing this that makes it easy to see and correct your mistakes.
- Finish & frame your masterpiece so it's ready to hang on the wall or give to a loved one.
This online course is set up to be easy to navigate and you'll get instructions on how to progress. So that even if you worry you're not very 'tech savvy', you'll be able to navigate the course with ease.
- Lifetime access to over 70+ Video Tutorials
- Help when you need it
- 24/7 access to course community
- A monthly Q&A live support workshop
- Starts immediately
- 7 day cooling off period if you decide it's not for you
You'll get unlimited access to an engaging, friendly private Facebook group for support and encouragement from Sophie and other students on a daily basis.
Each month you'll be invited to join a live online workshop with Sophie in our private student support group to ask questions live get feedback or demonstrations to help you when you need it.
You'll also get individual help and support from Sophie with feedback on your portrait if you get stuck or need advice.
There are bonus tutorials on how to needle felt in our "Needle Felting 101 course". Plus follow along tutorials if you don't have your own dog and a library of archive workshops stored in the course website for you to re-watch (there's no question that hasn't previously been asked!).
All preparation guidance and advice is given once you join the course. You'll have plenty time to get prepared before you start as this course is lifetime access with unlimited access to help from Sophie.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
10 items available