About the Course
A two day painting course for experienced artists & adventurous beginners!
Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm
Where: Hutton's Ambo Village Hall, North Yorkshire
What to expect:
You will be encouraged to move into abstraction; to develop fresh ways of interpreting what you see. This is an intuitive, organic approach to painting which has its roots in observation and carefully considered choices.
These courses will explore colour and composition; scratching out, layering, water washes and dripping; how to use a palette and how to work with acrylic mediums to increase the depth and patina of your work.
What you will take away with you:
Two canvases full of Inspiration, fresh approaches, knowledge, ideas and refreshed perspective and new skills.
What to bring:
- Old clothes that can also be worn outdoors appropriate to the season
- Walking boots/wellingtons (For Landscape course)
- Sketch books and sketching materials. (pencils and whatever you prefer)
- I will provide old brushes, but I highly recommend you purchase some of your own. It's useful to have both small and large brushes.
- Paint will be provided but you may want to bring any materials you particularly like.
- I will provide two canvases, more will be for sale if you require them at £5 each.
- i pads, tablets and cameras are also useful to record the progress of your work.
- Packed lunch. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout the day.
If you want to stay nearby during your course, we have some local accommodation we can recommend.
It is totally possible to teach experienced artists alongside adventurous beginners. However, to give everyone the best experience I am trying to tailor classes to suit individual needs. Therefore please give me details of your experience and areas of interest or desired development when you apply for the course.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Paint will be provided but you may want to bring any materials you particularly like.
I will provide two canvases, more will be for sale if you require them at £5 each.
“I find Lesley’s work inspirational and it was great to watch her in action, how she actually approached her work and executed it. Lesley gave really helpful feedback throughout the day that I’m going to put into action and take forward into my future work. It was a great day with really friendly people that I’d love to repeat.”
Previous Attendee - - #22781
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.