Create your own beautiful and uniquely crafted rustic chair
Contact course provider
About the Course
You will learn:
- How to select the appropriate material to make a chair from coppiced hazel and other small diameter greenwood.
- Various construction techniques including simple mortice and tenon joints
- Weave the base and back of the chair using a choice of materials including elm bark, willow or paper rush
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Tools, equipment and refreshments are provided and participants are asked to bring their own food and appropriate foot wear and clothing. Free parking. Courses start promptly at 9.30 (feel free to arrive from 9 for refreshments).
Rustic huts on site, camping / campervan area with stocked kitchen and wash facilities and fire pit. Café on site too! Please ask us for advice on local B&Bs and hotels.
Small Woods use only experienced professionals and woodland practitioners as tutors. We have more than 20 years’ experience of delivering courses and training and a reputation for high quality teaching and professionalism.
Small Woods courses are suitable for all levels of experience and ability and we keep course numbers low. The physical nature and/or woodland location of some courses may make them difficult for people with mobility problems. We do, however, have many years’ experience in enabling all groups to attend courses and will make every effort to ensure a satisfying experience for all.
Review this course
Course Start DatesFriday 18th May 2018
- Accessible by public transport
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
- Suitable for stag and hen dos
- Teen friendly