Chinese Brush Painting Holiday in the South Downs - 4 Night Residential
Contact course provider
About the Course
Chinese brush painting is an ancient art form dating back to about 4,000BC. Typical images depict flowers, birds and beautiful landscapes. We'll introduce you to the tools and materials and then teach you the techniques to get you started. This type of painting is enjoyed by many as a form of meditation due to the concentration needed in the preparation of the paint and the brush strokes used.
• Skilled and experienced tutor to offer advice and guidance on a one to one basis and as a group
• Learn about the basic techniques that you can then practise at home
• Sociable painting sessions that are both fun and educational
• Work indoors, or in the grounds of our Country House
Nestled at the foot of the South Downs, Abingworth Hall is ideally located for a short break or a longer holiday. A peaceful ambiance and excellent facilities make it a relaxing place to stay. It offers great viewing for short or long strolls in the beautiful surrounding meadows.
HF Holidays have been offering activity breaks since 1913, with stunning destinations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Our Art & Craft breaks will allow you to flex that creative muscle and get inspired. Suited to a range of abilities, we have a perfect creative break for you.
Click through to our website for a full itinerary, secure online booking or to explore our full range of holidays.
Prices may be subject to change. Please click through on the Book Online button above for the up to date price and availability.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Prices are per person and include:
• High quality Full Board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our Country House
• Tuition from our knowledgeable HF Holidays’ leader, to ensure you get the most from your holiday
• Loan of lightweight wooden A3 art boards
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 11th November 2019
- Suitable for beginners
- Suitable for events & groups
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.