Soy Wax Container Candle Making Workshop
Contact course provider
About the Course
Held at ‘The Chantry’ in the lovely market town of Thornbury just 12 miles north of Bristol, our 2.5 hour candle making workshops (choose between a morning or an afternoon session) will give you the basic skills to create 3 different style scented container candles made from 100% natural soy wax and a selection of fragrance oils.
Our groups are kept small (a maximum of 8) to allow for individual attention.
- Overview of the different types of wax and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about the different fragrance options (essential oils v fragrance oils) you will be able to choose your own scent from our fragrance library.
- You will learn the step by step process of making a container candle using a microwave.
- You will assemble and hand pour your own container candle.
- You will learn about wick types and how to burn a candle correctly.
- You will learn how to measure the correct amount of wax, fragrance and dye to use in candles.
- We will cover the equipment needed for candle making.
You will leave the workshop with a unique array of handcrafted candles to proudly display or give away as gifts and the confidence to create many more candle making masterpieces in your own home.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
You will take away 3 scented container candles, that you have hand poured yourself plus your workshop notes
We also sell starter candle making kits so you can continue with your new hobby at home.
All tools and equipment
Refreshments of tea, coffee and biscuits