About the Course
Discover how to mix watercolours without the stress and disappointment of muddiness! It really is easy once you know a few little details such as it's mixing transparent and opaque colours that cause this. These workshops are small groups of up to 6.
- how to tell whether a colour is transparent or opaque
- a few of the different ways of working with this wonderful medium, such as glazing and wet-on-wet
- a little colour theory i.e. primary, secondary and tertiary colours and how to mix them, which leads onto...
- how to mix a wider range of colours from a limited number of pigments to create a more harmonious painting
- how to lift 'mistakes' or turn them into 'happy accidents' which often results in a better, if unexpected painting!
All of which leads on to you relaxing, experimenting and having some fun with this wonderful medium!
An 'Early Bird' offer (£5 discount) is available until the month prior to the workshop running, full details on Kate's website
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All materials and brushes etc are included, the only things you will need to bring along with you are an apron or old shirt to protect your clothing as some pigments are staining and difficult to remove.
Tea, coffee and biscuits available throughout the workshop. Lunch is available in a huge number of cafes and pubs in Skipton (around 3 miles away) and both the The Cavendish and the Elm Tree pubs in Embsay itself offer food.
Skipton and Embsay are on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, beautiful walking country if you are staying in the area on holiday.
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.